Mum scarred for life and afraid to leave home after botched eyebrow procedure caused skin to fall off


A mum has been left scarred for life following a botched 30-minute eyebrow tattoo procedure which caused her skin to fall off.Amanda Coats, 43, from Melbourne, Australia travelled to Skincare Laser Clinic in Melbourne suburb Point Cook to have the procedure, which cost £218, on June 30. She said she woke up the day after her eyebrow feathering appointment to discover that her skin had peeled off onto her pillow. 

The procedure requires that clinicians use a small blade to make tiny cuts in the skin before inserting ink to make the eyebrows appear darker and fuller. After Amanda had the procedure, she claims her skin became painfully red and swollen and it cost her so much money to treat - about £972.

The clinic that carried out the treatment said the adverse reaction was due to an allergy to one of the supplementary products she used after the procedure. They said she might have had a reaction to the ink pigment or medication prescribed by her doctor or did not correctly follow aftercare advice. 

However, the mum-of-three insists it was an infection resulting from the procedure. She is now speaking out about it to ensure no one goes through the pain and humiliation.


Amanda said: "I had never had this procedure done before so I didn't know what to expect. I was so scared. The next day I woke up and my skin had come off onto the pillow, it was red and swollen. I went to the doctor immediately because of the pain and severe swelling. It felt like something was eating away at my skin, my skin was peeling off. I was in so much pain. 

My eyes were so swollen I couldn't drive - I couldn't even take my children to school because of the swelling, the pain and the pus in my eyes. It was awful.

"I'm so upset about how my eyes and eyebrows look and I'm worried I'll be left with long term scarring. Walking to the doctor's people have been staring at me and asking me what happened, it's made me so depressed. I know reactions can happen but this wasn't a reaction - it's an infection.

"There are a lot of young women that have this procedure done, and what if it happens to them? It would ruin their lives."


Amanda is urging women to do as much research as possible before undergoing any procedure.

Amanda said: "I've had to buy bandages for the wounds, medications, eye drops, ointments and painkillers. The aftermath costs more than the procedure. Do your research about the procedure, how it's meant to be done and know who is going to be doing it. Ask about their qualifications and experience, but make sure you feel comfortable with the person doing the procedure.

"If I can help one person, then I don't mind how bad the photos of me look. "I want to make sure no one has to go through what I went through and that's the reason I'm speaking out."





Share this Story
Mum scarred for life and afraid to leave home after botched eyebrow procedure caused skin to fall off   Mum scarred for life and afraid to leave home after botched eyebrow procedure caused skin to fall off Reviewed by Unknown on August 01, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.